Tenerife is one of the most popular Canary Islands. The island is separated into two halves. For most of the people it’s the south with the sunshine and most resorts but some may enjoy the north with its scenery and sophistication.
Tenerife is great for singles, couples and families.
Temperatures vary in Tenerife from 72F to 84F. Tenerife stays mainly dry and sunny all year round.
Things to do and see in Tenerife
Nightlife is perfect in Tenerife. For something different visit Tropicana Atlantico, located in Puerto de la Cruz, for Europe’s largest night show. Here you can listen to new artists and is something good but different from the norm.
Another night out is The Legends of Broadway night where you get a 4 course meal, free flowing wine and soft drinks all night and watch cabaret acts with people from the best west end Broadway shows.
One of the most popular activities is Loro Parque, also found in Puerto de la Cruz. This is a man made nature paradise with parrots, dolphins, sea lions, sharks and a variety of plant life. There are dolphin and parrot shows daily, a shark tunnel and their newest feature penguin planet with over 200 penguins. Highly recommended.
Playa de las Americas/Costa Adeje
- Popular beaches with international water sports.
- Water park nearby with free bus to take you there.
- Best nightlife on the island; Veronica’s strip for all night non-stop partying.
- Costa Adeje is 3km away and is the more quieter resort but you can take the bus to more livelier places.
- This resort is more sophisticated than Playa de las Americas.
- Contains a golden beach protected by a jetty and is great for families.
- The night time entertainment is more for couples and families than clubbers.
- This is an up and coming resort which is great for ‘getting away from it all’.
- There are a few bars and restaurants but most entertainment is hotel based.
Los Gigantes/Playa De La Arena/Puerto De Santiago
- Los Gigantes and Playa de la Arena both have black sand beaches and volcanic backdrops.
- Los Gigantes has a quaint little marina but both the resorts are extremely good for snorkelling.
- Puerto de Santiago is a quiet relaxing resort but still has plenty of things to see and do.
- It is a great base for exploring Tenerife by hire car.
- Local bars provide relaxed easy entertainment.
Puerto de la Cruz
- This charming resort is centered around a small fishing village.
- Puerto De La Cruz is home to several black sand beaches one being the Playa Jardin with backdrops of palms, cacti, a restaurant, a playground and a bandstand.
- A popular place is the Lido Martinez with salt lakes surrounded by gardens.
- Puerto de la Cruz is home to some of the best casinos in Europe including the Parque De Taoro.