Lanzarote, the island of fire, is one of the most popular developing places of the Canary Islands.
Cesar Manrique was a great artist and the reason for Lanzarote’s low rise buildings and colour coordinated houses. He is said to have taken the pile of ashes that was Lanzarote and bring fourth its beauty.
In recent years Lanzarote has grown to accommodate tourists of all kinds and boasts a range of resorts from busy Puerto Del Carmen and Arrecife, to tranquil Arrieta or relaxing Costa Teguise.
Lanzarote stays mainly dry and sunny all year round. In season Lanzarote’s lowest temperature is 72F and its highest is a scorching 82F.
Things to do and see in Lanzarote
This scenic island offers trips around the islands visiting such places as the Green Lake and camel rides around its volcanic National Park.
If this doesn’t suit you, Lanzarote is home to some of the best beaches in the Canaries.
For those who want action, Costa Teguise offers a variety of water sports and for serious partying, you can travel to Centro Atlantico where the music doesn’t stop to the early hours.
Get the chance to explore the caves of Jameos Del Aqua and Cueva De Los Verules. Marvel at the lush scenery and visit the Valley of Palms. There’s something for everyone.
Puerto Del Carmen
- Dozens of shops, restaurants and bars located on the sea front.
- Old Town with a harbour and fish restaurants.
- Sandy beaches and a calm sea suitable for families with children.
- For party goers Centro Atlantico is open to the early hours.
- This area boasts the biggest range of water sports on the island.
- You could use our car hire service or take the bus to Arrecife or Puerto Del Carmen as they are not very far away.
- Las Cucharas beach is one of the longest beaches in Lanzarote.
- Lanzarote’s best Water park is only 15 minute’s car journey away.
- Playa Blanca is located on the southern tip of Lanzarote and offers boat trips to neighbouring islands as it is a major seaport.
- It has a good selection of shops, bars and restaurants but still remains a quiet resort.
- Has several small sandy beaches and also the golden sand coves of Papagayo.
- Has a reserved nightlife.
Playa de los Pocillos
- Playa De Los Pocillos is a compact resort where serious partying goes on till early in the morning.
- Has a selection of long sandy beaches.
- There is a variety of bars and restaurants situated on the promenade.