Fuerteventura is one of the quieter islands in the canaries with its volcanic landscapes and stunning scenery, although most well known for its white beaches and golden sands.
Fuerteventura has bars and restaurants but the nightlife is more low-key and leisurely than other islands with most of the entertainment centered around the hotel.
In season its lowest temperature is 72F and its highest temperature is 79F in August. Like the other Canary Islands Fuerteventura is mainly dry and sunny, offshore winds should be expected too, great for windsurfers.
Things to do and see in Fuerteventura
The dunes near Corralejo and the Corralejo National Park, an unofficial nature reserve, are definately worth seeing.
For people who enjoy walking there is ‘Pilgrims Walk’ from Antigua to Betancuria or in most resorts it is possible to hire mountain bikes if cycling is more your thing.
Camel and jeep safaris are very popular, and something that must be experienced.
Boat excursions are also an option; travel over to places like Lobos Island. In August the World Windsurfing championships are held on the Caribbean like beaches of southern Fuerteventura.
- Modern up market resort which is popular for its fantastic beaches
- Refined nightlife mostly consisting of good food & wine in good restaurants
- It is quite breezy in this area so it is great for experienced windsurfers
- Situated on the south east of the island and is an extremely quiet resort
- Extremely popular spot for naturists
- In August Playa Barca is home to the world surfing championships
- This is the largest resort on the island
- Mixture of idyllic beaches and the best night life on the island
- Bars, discos & restaurants with international cuisine found in the town
- Flag Beach of Playa Grande which is great for water sports
- Mini-train used to get around the city, alternatively you could hire a car
Caleta de Fuste
- Sheltered on the coast, surrounded by a golden horseshoe beach
- The sea is protected by breakwaters so suitable for families & children
- Exceptional range of water sports from diving to windsurfing
- More active nightlife with lively bars in the centre of the resort
- Celeta De Fuste is an excellent base for exploring the island by hire car
Costa De Antigua (Nuevo Horizonte)
- This is a small peaceful relaxing resort, great for getting away from it all
- Only 2km away from Caleta de Fuste but there is a bus service
- There is a man made lido with a variety of pools
- Nightlife is reserved, most entertainment is hotel based.